General Regulations on the Protection of the Data of our users
GDRP / RGPD: Definition
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European legislation designed to strengthen and unify data protection laws for all individuals in the European Union. The regulation is effective and applicable since May 25, 2018. This new legislation is much stricter than the old one. It is intended to guarantee more transparency and more control in the processing of personal data. In particular, it imposes on any company that records and manipulates data related to natural persons:
- To guarantee to any natural person the right to access, modify and delete the data that a company holds about him
- Document all the processing applied to the personal data, including their purpose, as well as their legal basis
- Document the internal rules governing the processing of personal data, for example, their retention period
- Take all technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of this data, and report to the authorities any endangerment thereof
- To train their employees in an adequate way, to know and apply the points listed above
- Ensure compliance with the GDPR of their service providers (subcontractors).
What is Devatec doing with the GDPR?
Devatec has implemented a GDPR policy since March 2018. Here are the main guidelines for GDPR compliance:
- Look for aspects of our business impacted by the GDPR
- Implement necessary changes / enhancements to our website
- Implement changes to our internal processes and procedures necessary to achieve and maintain
- GDPR compliance
- Train relevant staff to ensure they process data according to the GDPR
Why do we keep your data?
In this context, DEVATEC processes all the personal data necessary to implement the main missions that we may encounter to satisfy your request to Devatec.
In general, these data are processed:
- To manage your contacts with our services regardless of the channel used
- For the good management and improvement of our services
- For the management of your technical requests
What data are processed?
Depending on the services you use or the information you provide us, Devatec may process the following personal data: identification data (title, name, address, telephone, etc.), professional data (profession, VAT number...)
You provide this data directly when you register on our website www.devatec.com.
Data collected and purpose specification
We collect your personal data when you sign up for a request for information about our products & services. When you register, you will be asked to fill out a form with certain fields needed to offer the requested service. These are only intended to allow us to contact you quickly if necessary. If you give us your e-mail address, this means that you agree to receive mailings from us, with information about our products, upcoming events. If you no longer wish to receive such mailings, contact us (mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). If you give us your phone number, it means that you agree to receive a phone call or SMS from us in order to provide you with information about our products or upcoming events. If you no longer wish to receive such phone calls, contact us at the address mentioned above.
Disclosure of data to third parties
We do not disclose your personal data to other entities or organizations. We reserve the right to transmit personal data on the request of a judicial or administrative authority under the law.
Privacy and Security
Our site obeys a policy, rules and security measures to protect personal data.
- makes every effort to keep the data up to date, to rectify or delete inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant data
- ensures that access to data and treatment options for persons acting under its authority are limited to what they require for the performance of their duties or to what is necessary for the customer service
It is possible that during your visit on our site, a "cookie" is recorded on your hard disk (small file sent by an Internet server, which is registered on the hard disk of your computer, keep track of the Internet site visited, and contains a certain amount of information on this visit which is accessible only by this site). It should be noted that you can refuse these cookies by programming your Internet browser to either be informed of the existence of cookies or to refuse them systematically. This cookie facilitates navigation on our site. Devatec does not link information that would have been automatically logged by cookies and personally identifiable information about our visitors.
Access to your personal data processed by Devatec
You can ask us, by sending a mail or email, the personal information about you held by Devatec. We will ask you for proof of your identity (copy of identity card or passport) in order to be certain to respect your personal data and not to send them to a third party. We will accept one request per year and per person. The information we hold about you, or a notice that we do not hold it, will be sent to you within two months of your request. You have the opportunity to dispute the data we hold about you and have it erased, corrected, modified or supplemented.
However, the accounting law requires us to keep the data of our participants in our training for the sole purpose of compliance with accounting regulations.
The newsletters, emails, mailings and letters you receive will always mention the possibility of giving up receiving any mail in the future.